Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pinata


I love writing about my feelings. I like being able to share what my emotional journey looks like. Everyday is an open vessel waiting to be filled. I always have been able to stand close to my fear, disappointment, and anxiety. Writing is the most honest and honorable way of handling those monsters. I know that there have been a lot of people that get confused and take my good nature as good acting. It is not up to me to persuade them out of their resistance towards me. I am really hard on myself and this is an issue that I deal with on a daily basis. I have never claimed to be "normal". The blog has allowed me to be more disciplined with my craft. I am not casual about anything I do. When I am in love with something it is as obvious as the color red. My feelings always feel true when I am able to share them. Some of my poems are autobiographical and some are stories I wrote for situations outside of my own experiences. Hesitation is not something that I allow to hold me back. I am a bit of mess but writing helps to keep me clean. I am always taking collections that I can use for new material. I am blown away by how many ideas I have in my head. One day I am all about something and the next day I can forget what that was. I change my mind a lot but even that might change. My acceptance can be far from approval when I get lost but all of my days are full of lessons. It took me a while to be able to reveal so much. It's like there was a bird inside my chest just wanting to fly. I feel more brave than ever.

-B

No comments: