Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cavity


everything is different
but I still feel the same
my heart is not calm
and it was you that delivered the pain
in the beginning it was candy
but at the end it was stone
never got a whole goodbye
you scattered it over the phone
tripping over pieces of you
our songs begin to haunt me
feels like I am standing still when your absence is all I see
you couldn't take care of yourself
you really liked to sleep
while I was busy looking for a shovel
to create you as someone deep
you didn't give me much
pressed hard
held tight
you like to disappear when you closed your eyes at night
you had no gravity to make you feel the ground
when it got really bad my heart made a sound
I couldn't catch you while you were on the run from yourself
you wouldn't slow down
you didn't take my help
turn on the light
I must speak for my heart
I will always lose this game
no matter how many times I start

-B

No comments: