Monday, October 6, 2008

Stolen


The nights legs spread and stretch out of the black into my light.
There was a demand and a threat that could not be matched. He was so ready to fight.
He fed me fear and left me there to bleed.I was in shock and I couldn't breathe.
I had a bruised mind, a sore arm, but my faith was left untouched.
I had to walk home alone with my tears and my cuts.
I still feel his hands. I can still see his force.
He didn't get too far although we never found remorse.
The edge of death was so very close.
Even though I am luckier than most.
My screams came from underwater and terror sat beside me on this fast train.
I could never foget this when there are pictures on the wall of my brain.
The black uniforms were no longer bugs in coffee shops staring you down.
They had capes that evening just for being around.
The eyes of my world lost focus but somehow I made it home.
I should never be afraid just because I am alone.

No comments: