Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cheater


My hand stretched out as you reached for me. I didn't know you at all but there was familiarity. Your talent is a painting I've never seen the same thing. I was drawn to you just like a bell that rings.I found that there was someone else in your picture.A random ornament or a permanent fixture? You left that a mystery. I wondered about her and how much of it was history. I played the fool and choked on my heart. There was a tear in your teeth and your stories fell apart. I didn't have a clue on what to do. It was very tricky. I let you linger when I am usually very picky. I watched myself lean into this. This is a lesson that can't be missed. A man who sings a lovers song can create a beautiful melody but I can never sing along if it wasn't written for me.
-B

No comments: