Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Father Francis



Take a step outside to catch my breath

I feel sometimes like there is nothing left

Like the wind you pass through me

Your memory makes me feel free

Seasons come and seasons pass

Our time together went too fast

You worked hard to keep me alive

our standard of living was stuck on survive

You gave me six strings so we could hear my hands sing

At night when I didn't recognize you

I didn't know what to do

I opened myself up at the corner of my bed

With folded hand on my knees, I turned the volume down in my head

I am proud of this man

Even though a bottle was attached to his hand

Fifty six years with only one goodbye

Too late to save him
Too soon to die
I will move along but always stay close

To a man I never see but I feel the most


-B

No comments: