Thursday, October 30, 2008

Everything is Better With Espresso


I can never forget who it is to be me. I am that with which I see.
My finger points directly to my heart. My mind is like a shopping cart.
Searching through different aisles. Going through my memory files.
I get to chose what I want to collect. It's the skipping record that plays out regret.
I try to keep myself satisfied. I try to keep this knot tied.
I usually do what lonely people do. Like going to the movies and staring at my food.
I look at the sun through the trees. I drift along with the generous breeze.
I dream about New York City. I feel like my scenery no longer fits me.
Anxiety sits in between my minutes. I hold my breath until I can forget it.
The fear feels like barbed wire in my veins.I remit control so I can return myself to sane.
Sometimes, it's better if I don't speak. I just keep writing so my sailing ship won't sink.
I am so used to being on my own. I have made a sanctuary out of my home.
I will be more careful of the illusions I see. I will learn to lose these feelings so I can just BE.
As pretty as a song this afternoon sings. No more interruptions from useless things.
-B

No comments: