Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quest


Dear Love,


My feelings have been more subtle than my words.
Please excuse me. I have been talking more and not thinking as much.
I hope that I have become more valuable to you.
Ever since I have become a romantic rebel I have been collecting proof.
I see so many things that pay tribute to you. It has been quietly intoxicating.
I carry you in my heart. I see you perfectly in the soft lighting.
My speech has been modulated but my nerves still sting.
You give me the ability to enhance my expressions.
You with all of your charm. There is no way you could ever disguise yourself as plain.
Because I am a erudite writer you get to peek into my window.
Your abstruseness on the other hand keeps me guessing.
You exist because I never leave. My desperate ways staple you down.
Give up your lucrative profession for a while and come get me.
I will become an aerialist and hang above your bed.
Just to watch you fall asleep. It might make more sense.
I love the way you listen to me. Give me your hand and I will show you what I cannot say.
My poetry is advertised for your comprehension. It sparkles for you.
Your virile nature is obvious in your questions. My inexorable mouth will always speak the truth.
Lots of Ideas. And I know them all. I could never neglect.
I immerse myself in your memory. My evasive habits will no longer be shown.
Come on, let's go. I will sit and wait with my unblinking eyes.

Yours truly,
me

No comments: