Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Duality


see how attentive i have been
been moving past with slow feet
bewildered hands open
ready to catch
whatever you may throw
while you stand
only half-awake
displaying the hesitation
i get weird
helpless against the questions
tracing the outline in my mind
with the thin thoughts of worry
so desperate
i howl at you
in the darkness
seeking your praise
in order to procure your heart
i pity my bed
i lay next to my desire
melting
my intolerant dreams
hold you close
so we can wake up together
just to watch you disappear
while i give in to my two-faced day
curious mistrust
because i can't hear you through the bad reception
the space is shrinking
now with only one eye for you
what i thought has been thought for too long
i have love for the name
that fit the season

-B

No comments: