Monday, August 29, 2016

The Red Light


These thoughts make me dizzy
Dirt roads beneath my feet
I turned my eyes towards the sky
With only myself left to meet

Around Life's merry go round we go
Until you decide to rest easy
You will be what you will to be
Heavy and still or light and breezy

Faith whispered in my ear
There is more to come
Conquer space and time
Start having more fun

There's a belly full of life
There is a haunted dream
My hunger for it all
Makes me walk the balance beam

Lay me out in moonlight
Let me aim at the darkness
The night wants my desire
Gravity hangs it's sign on all of this

Come September
a divine time
I'll become an architect
And build the dream inside my mind

My magic heart
Beating so fast
Time can seem so fragile
Like a looking glass

-B.D.W.



No comments: