Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ultimate Uncertainty


i let the delicate animal of my soul hold you
so you can never become an ephemeral thought
my days belong to you
 my nights write to you
you feel like a phantom limb beside me as i sleep
my dreams have become one color
i am lacking someone else
you run through every hallway
even at a distance
this energy moves
it tells me which way to flow
flow was and is everything
my memories of you have become a private arsenal
so when doubt comes in through the back door
i can think of you and feel like a true cowboy
i look for you as you as i move through these fields
but nothing shakes
no trembling evidence
i never hear your name in ordinary places
when i shut my eyes
my own private movie begins
and my anticipation sits in the front row
i did not enter this space for anything
it captured me
and somehow this abstract dream
will become concrete
revealing a desire that magnifies my heart
this sounds so arcane
this feels so abstruse
never dross
i am fascinated by this
i am eager to go mad
clinging to my darkness
i will hang your light amongst the stars tonight

-B.D.W






No comments: