Thursday, April 4, 2013

poem by john truddell

I flew with the eagles
Until I fell from the nest
I ran with the wolves
then I got lost from the pack

Slowly I go crazy everyday
Some days run faster than others
I never strayed into heaven
It was hard getting past hell
I travelled through and beyond
The death and birth of man

I am ectomy

Imagine running out of imagine
Mistaking authority for power
Weaving life's free spirit
Into patters of control

I heard all that was said
Until now I hear nothing at all
The edge between twilight and dark
The great lie lurks
Prostitution of soul
Anyone can do it - or not
I went down some roads that stopped me dead in my tracks

I am ectomy

I've been the mirror to others' reflecting selves
I've known love that can't help but love
And I have been close to that hurting way of love

I flew with the eagles
Until I fell from the nest
I ran with the wolves
Then got lost from the pack

From the earth
Wind cave memories
One with the sky
Time of different motions
Dog days dreamer
Chasing the neon woven into minds

From my place in line
I fell out of order
I've been here, I've been there
I've been anywhere
And I haven't been anywhere
And I'll be back again 

No comments: