Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rapidity


don't want to look away
everything is shining as it happens
i have the stubbornness to stay happy
not believing that once it is here
that i should fear the loss
this world is ruthless
but my smile stays on
i am raw
intimate
inside the flame
flowing with the abundant smoke
never wanted to play it safe
become anemic or grey
i dare myself everyday to be honest
every place is looking at me
but i know i can change without any attention
my eyes and ears are first
i can be absent or present
my ideas come like the ocean in the early morning
i gather and then set them free
i never rely on the outcome
opinions can be dangerous
this energy spreads like my paints
like a tough kiss
i take my time and feel the intensity
running through my veins
like a blast of nicotine
stimulated by awareness
sparing no expense
throwing away any hesitation
i pause
this is the gift
what is given can never be taken away

-B

No comments: