Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Reprise


I fell in and never came back
I followed this unknown feeling
You told me how to find you
And I knew you were worth stealing

The night has its charms
It causes me to glow
It let you notice me
Through the eyes of your soul

Never to be perfect
Nature has its way with me
Gold dust in my pockets
Always knew which way to be

Like a safe harbor
I find my moment
Like a twinkling star
Always Wanting to show it

My love song
Written and played
Slow dancing with the dreamers
This color can never fade

Night has its arms
I feel them around me so tight
I opened my door
The feeling marched in with delight


There's a spark that's bouncing
Scattering its light
I wish I could hold it
It makes everything so bright


I asked for you one night
And my wish came true
It was given by nature
It was the perfect shade of blue


-b.d.w.

No comments: