Thursday, March 31, 2016

Before Sleep

Open, unravel, reveal
The night spreads it legs
Wrestling wind in the trees
Yet this desire never begs

The moon blinks it's tired eye
Electricity chases it's tail
The stars reflect us here
This ship begins to sail

Allowing this to be
Mystery and pale dream
Laughing in yellow
This feeling is pure and green

My heart is a spoiled child
Always wanting me to play
My attention on you
Tempts my swerve to sway

My core trembles
Earthquakes and heavy showers
Music plays for you
Even in the quiet hours

Never alone
Lonely is never here
Bright fires burning fast
yet time is so sincere

I'm good at the moment
I can leave my hands alone
I can hear the bells ringing
nature has a perfect tone

A surge against silence
A knife against a plate
The thin thoughts of worry
 Never could gain weight

See what happens
Empty pockets to fill
Simple and pretty
Like flowers on a windowsill

-B.D.W.  

No comments: