Monday, August 17, 2015

The more he shut himself away, the more he tried to get away from the press, the more desirable and the rarer he became as this prey for the paparazzi to hunt. It wasn’t his natural inclination to be so private. I think he was actually someone who liked to be out in the world, who liked to be free, who loved to explore, but he didn’t like to be under the microscope. He was a private individual. He didn’t want to share his life. That quote he says, “I don’t want to lay myself at the feet of the American public and let them enter my soul. My soul is a private place.” That was deeply true to him. He didn’t want to just be on public display the whole time, but he was the prized scalp. He was the one the paparazzi wanted more and more and more. The more they chased him, the more he hid away and the more they wanted him.


No comments: