Monday, April 7, 2014

the kiss of mercy


i look for the moon
it blinks its tired eye
i move things around
so it looks like i forgot
my musical midnight
my rowdy morning
yet we are like two silent birds


nothing needs to be done
i will let this exist
like a spark on its way to a flame
like a hurricane
spinning into gold


smooth as chalk dust i laugh in the face of doubt
you've put furniture underneath my heart
your essence hangs heavy like fruit
there is no argument

 i can't forget
this desire is noisy
and you are the boss of my dreams
this breeze brought your name
i let my hair messy itself in your honor
you will never appear in moderation
this feeling
so particular
it's almost unnameable

i am braver at night
i can take on your craft
my soul is taking pictures
i am leaving this page of my book carelessly open


-b.d.w

No comments: