Tuesday, February 22, 2011

this is the way

this winter 
i am grinning through my teeth
my dream deserved

this is my chance to love everything

i believe in my world
it's easy
everything is shaped like me
i listen to my days talk


mistakes are allowed
i don't have to be good
i get to be honest
like a knife against a plate


 my shadow
my consequences
it left me with the most curious wound

today shines like a new moon
 music explodes out of itself
i am sticking to what is familiar
i am humming


rolling rounds of thunder
 i hear questions
it sounds like gunfire

only a few ever make it through the impossible gates
my heart shakes like fire
through my delicate woods

i noticed enough
i hold still
and relax in the thickness of honey


 this never grew easy
but at last i grew peaceful
all winter
in this uncertain dream


-bridget weiser

No comments: