Monday, April 12, 2010



I look at you and you are my dreams at night. You are the life I want. We could be best friends and skip down the sidewalk directly into the world and never falter, never slow our pace. I promise I won’t drag you down. I will not be afraid. You’ll want me just the way I am and I’ll have you just the way you are. You will be me and I will be you and the flowers will bloom just right and the world will be peaceful all through the night, all through our lives. We will twist and turn though the green fields in the middle of the mountains and look right at the bright, yellow sun. You will squint and I will smile. I will try to capture it all but you will lean forward and grab me. Whisper in my ear, “You can’t take a picture of this. It’s already gone.” And then you will take my hand and we will run as far as we can into everything we don’t know.

No comments: