Monday, September 21, 2009

Never One Color


My art unfolds easily, intuitively. Through layers of accrued oil paint I hope I can create windows, points of departure where I can lead the viewer to new and never traveled before places. The pictures are open-ended, and influence my poetry. I hear and feel stories within the time it takes to paint a picture. My hands catch up to my head so quickly, that I feel as though I am outside of reality. Allowing me to see a world that is mine. I want the viewer to draw their own inferences from the architecture of their own private imaginations.

I believe in an abundance of goodness and beauty and in our own individual responsibility to cultivate this within ourselves so that we can share it with one another. I patiently nurture my feelings and make each one a color. Being self-taught has allowed me to break all of the rules I never knew and the freedom to paint without fear. I will always be sincere about how happy painting makes me. I reveal a part of my heart every time I create.
-B

No comments: