Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Unknown

by the time this gets to us
it will make everything matter
even though it was love that was given up
I still sing for you
roaring alone into song
I listen to what I remember
and it lengthens your shadow

the story came to me like it was new trick
an apparition tale
of how you were alive in my mouth
but part of a disappearing act
I've been waiting for the illusion to be known

tell me you've slipped through to fill the empty space
orbiting my heart
with a certainty that  never loses
and a wildness that's never tame

come to me in secret
rich with daylight
like a surprise party
gathering in my room


I am made of this desire
I believe what I do not see

I no longer belong to the distance
I no longer live inside the unspoken heart

I'm sailing these waves
a new sense
a new breeze
touches my day
my radiance resembles the light that lives under the moon
you are the sound of night
-BW

No comments: